Here is what our setup eventually looked like:
- Apple TV connected via ethernet cable to a wireless router.
- HDMI output through a HDMI to DVI cable connected to projector.
- Optical output connected to digital/analogue converter connected to theater sound system.
- iPad2 connected through AirPlay to Apple TV
- Wow. This set up has some serious potential. The various adapters are a bit of a pain, but the outcome is worth it - being able to view the iPad on the big theater screen.
- Keynote on the iPad is quite nice. The presentation screens are customizable and can allow you to view next slide as well as notes.
- While we are using this in the theater, I can envision this setup being used in classrooms, offices and conference rooms of various sizes.
- I've never been a fan of Interactive White Boards, and I really can't see how they will survive against the tandem of iPad/Apple TV.
Good to hear. We worked on a wish list of things for our new office area and we put an apple tv on it. Do you know if you can use it to project a Mac, not only an iPad? I think we'll still need VGA/hdmi for that.ReplyDelete
@heather, you can project itunes from a Mac - I know that - but I don't think you can project your screen from any other app. Looks like mirroring is possible with the new operating system coming out this summer http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/features.htmlReplyDelete